Starting with Phaser and game states management

Hey,

After the community bonding period, I have started to put my hands on developing games and are in my initial stages.As I have mentioned before, being from a Non-CS background, Its been a little struggle in the beginning to make one. With the advantages of Phaser as mentioned in the last post, I was able to make progress steadily. Though I haven't completed my first game, I hope with the learnings so far I shall be able to make one before the next week. I have committed to the community to show them the prototype by June 12, 2017.

I have tried out the examples and was making the mock-up screens for the game. From the learnt best practices, using states allows us to break our game up into smaller pieces that can handle different mechanics of the game. So for now, I have created five states that will function as follows,

The Boot State - To start the physics system and then call the load state.

The Load State - To load our assets and then show them the initial game loading screen.

The Menu State - To display the game name, get player input and call the Play State.

The Play State - This is where the game logic is actually handled. 

The State Manager -To initialise the game and manage the states.

I will now be working further and developing the game in the skeleton made.

See you all with a game prototype, next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me the square of 65 in 5 seconds!

Why do the tricks work?!

Google Summer of Code with Sugar Labs!